[KB] "We won"

wessr@onid.orst.edu wessr at onid.orst.edu
Mon Dec 28 23:57:29 EST 2009

My experience is that many fans say "we won" but "they lost."

In other words, in what Burke would call their "proportional" mix of
motives, there are identifications with both "winning" and the "team"
but the identification with winning outweighs the identification with
the team.

The fans who say both "we won" and "we lost" have a different
proportional mix.

Bob W