[KB] TLS commentary on KB

Scott Newstok scott.newstok at yale.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:41:44 EDT 2007

Dear KB-list,

I have alerted some of you individually to the following, but thought
I might share it with the group as a whole:

In this week's (July 13, 2007) Times Literary Supplement, Australian
Renaissance scholar Peter Holbrook published a "Commentary" on Burke,
occasioned in part by the recent Parlor editions of Symbolic of
Motives, Kenneth Burke on Shakespeare, and the Burke-Rueckert
correspondence. The piece is titled: "What happened to Burke? How a
lionized American critic, for whom literature was ‘equipment for
living,’ became lost to posterity."

Best,

Scott Newstok