[KB] Regarding John McKenzie's question about resistance to Burke

Heather Branstetter findheatherlee at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 22:58:52 EST 2007

Hi John,

I suggest that you check out Barbara Biesecker's book, Addressing Postmodernity.  While I don't know that I would go so far as to say that this exploration of Burke's work represents a "resistance" to Burke, she does seem to be looking at him through a critical lens to see what arises out of potential weaknesses in the Burkean corpus, and in the beginning of the book you get the feeling that she was trying to "cover all the bases" by anticipating critique from advocates of Burke's work who might view her kind of experimentation as an unwelcome attack.
- hb

Heather Branstetter
PhD Candidate, Rhetoric/Composition and Theory
Dept of English and Comparative Literature

Be a better friend, newshound, and