[KB] Questions about Resistance to Burke

Edappel8@cs.com Edappel8 at cs.com
Mon Dec 3 20:54:35 EST 2007

John,

       Purely anecdotally: About 15 years or so ago, I heard Jim Chesebro at
some conference or other say that a lot of folks in communication look on us
as a "cult."  You'll have to get in touch with Jim, though, for any specifics.

       What exactly our cult ceremonies would be, other than congregating now
every three years near the summer solstice, I'm not sure.  I haven't yet
heard any serious invocations of "the demonic trinity," or participated in any
group "secular prayer" that went beyond the bounds of propriety.  Maybe we could
work something up from the "General Nature of Ritual," as per ATH, for our
ingathering at Villanova, attune ourselves to some very, very "Old-Time Rhetoric
of Religion."

       Think about it, Bryan.