[KB] KB & Lit Crit

Rick Coe coe at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 18 12:37:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

Two requests please:

1. Can anyone help me get a copy of Rose Johnson's article on using KB to
teach Kate Chopin?  The article is listed in two bibliographies (include
our own KBib & the MLA Bib).  I've tried getting the article by
inter-library loan, but apparently there is no such article in volume 60
(1996) of the journal.  Perhaps there is an error in the bibliographic entry.

Johnson, Rose M. "A Rational Pedagogy for Kate Chopin's Passional Fiction:
Using Burke's Scene Act Ratio to Teach 'Story'and 'Storm.'Conference of
College Teachers of English Studies<javascript:void(0)> 60 (1996): 122-28.

2. The context is that I am writing a review article for our KBJournal
about applications of Burkean method to practical criticism of
literature.  I am looking criticism that uses Burke to interpret specific
literary works.  So if you know of any such practical criticism that is not
listed in KBib, please let me know.

I hope to complete this review article for the fall issue of the KBJournal.

Thank you.

Rick

Call a man a villain, and you have the choice of either attacking or
cringing.  Call him mistaken and you invite yourself to attempt setting him
right."  Kenneth Burke (Attitudes toward History 4)

Prof. Rick Coe
English Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC  V5A 1S6