[KB] Duva

brud0025@umn.edu brud0025 at umn.edu
Fri Sep 8 11:38:34 EDT 2006

Thanks those who responded.

Duva

In a sort of sophistication of Pythagoras’s theory of the Harmony of the
Spheres, in Counter-Statement Burke writes about the Atonality of the
Spheres. (p.36), by which he may mean that harmony and/or the opposite may
be a function of where you are and when.

A short search of our marvelous internest revealed: (Wonder what Burke
would have made of the World Wide Web) 1 The Duva Aparthotel: We are
situated in the valley of the Tramontana mountains, in the north of the
island of Majorca, just 850 meters away from the port of Pollensa beach.
This is the ideal place for the perfect rest in natural and beautiful
surroundings. 2 I’m finding Spanish and Portuguese names Duva

3 There is a Lou Duva, considered the “Raging Bulldog” in the boxing ring,
born 1922.

4
Duva is Dove in Swedish (didn’t know that)
love that internet

5
on
http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/gods.html
found:

Duva - ("The Hiding") One of Aegir and Ran's nine wavedaughters who are
said to be the mothers of Heimdall, the guardian of the Bifrost bridge.

Leslie Bruder
Thanks