[KB] Dramatism or dramatism?

Edward Schiappa schiappa at tc.umn.edu
Tue Nov 7 15:07:01 EST 2006

Either is correct.  For most theoretical perspectives, one can find ample
examples of them appearing in both forms:  THe Contact Hypothesis or
contact hypothesis, social learning theory or Social Learning Theory,
Symbolic Convergence Theory, or lower case, etc.  You say PoMo, I say

In David Blakesly book, The Elements of Dramatism, you can find dramatism
small case, and hey, the whole book is on it.

I suspect some Burkophiles will insist it should be capitalized, but I
think it is a matter of being consistent throughout your manuscript.  If
you are capitalizing other major theories, then you should do the same for
Dramatism; if not, dramatism it is.

ed schiappa