More on Indicting Bush

Edappel8@cs.com Edappel8 at cs.com
Sat Feb 4 15:26:48 EST 2006

--part1_20e.11bbb21e.31166808_boundary

You may have missed this item in the responses to the State of the Union
speech the past four days.  Not every commentator or news agency took note of
these remarks buried deep in the address.  But the Onion, with its more
comprehensive, far-flung network of correspondents, managed to cover the discourse in
full:

> In his State of the Union address to the nation last night, President Bush
> announced a new cabinet-level position to coordinate all current and future
> scandals facing his party.
>
>  President Bush announces his plan to manage the numerous scandals of his
> administration.
>
>  "Tonight, by executive order, I am creating a permanent department with a
> vital mission: to ensure that the political scandals, underhanded dealings,
> and outright criminal activities of this administration are handled in a
> professional and orderly fashion," Bush said.
>
>  The centerpiece of Bush's plan is the Department Of Corruption, Bribery,
> And Incompetence, which will centralize duties now dispersed throughout the
> entire D.C.-area political establishment.
>
>  The Scandal Secretary will log all wiretaps and complaints of prisoner
> abuse, coordinate paid-propaganda efforts, eliminate redundant payoffs and
> bribes, oversee the appointment of unqualified political donors to head watchdog
> agencies, control all leaks and other high-level security breaches, and oversee
> the disappearance of Iraq reconstruction funds. He will also be responsible
> for issuing all official denials that laws have been broken.

In the interests of keeping all subscribers thoroughly abrest,

Ed

--part1_20e.11bbb21e.31166808_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">You may have missed this item in th=
e responses to the State of the Union speech the past four days.&nbsp; Not e=
very commentator or news agency took note of these remarks buried deep in th=
e address.&nbsp; But the Onion, with its more comprehensive, far-flung netwo=
rk of correspondents, managed to cover the discourse in full:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">In his State of the Union addre=
ss to the nation last night, President Bush announced a new cabinet-level po=
sition to coordinate all current and future scandals facing his party.<BR>
<BR>
 President Bush announces his plan to manage the numerous scandals of his ad=
ministration.<BR>
<BR>
 "Tonight, by executive order, I am creating a permanent department with a v=
ital mission: to ensure that the political scandals, underhanded dealings, a=
nd outright criminal activities of this administration are handled in a prof=
essional and orderly fashion," Bush said.<BR>
<BR>
 The centerpiece of Bush's plan is the Department Of Corruption, Bribery, An=
d Incompetence, which will centralize duties now dispersed throughout the en=
tire D.C.-area political establishment.<BR>
<BR>
 The Scandal Secretary will log all wiretaps and complaints of prisoner abus=
e, coordinate paid-propaganda efforts, eliminate redundant payoffs and bribe=
s, oversee the appointment of unqualified political donors to head watchdog=20=
agencies, control all leaks and other high-level security breaches, and over=
see the disappearance of Iraq reconstruction funds. He will also be responsi=
ble for issuing all official denials that laws have been broken.</FONT><FONT=
  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZ=
E=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"></BLOCKQUOT=
E><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
In the interests of keeping all subscribers thoroughly abrest,<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Ed<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
 </FONT></HTML>

--part1_20e.11bbb21e.31166808_boundary--