Burke's religious upbringing

Edappel8@cs.com Edappel8 at cs.com
Thu Sep 22 09:31:46 EST 2005

--part1_f6.597c3b44.30641a52_boundary

Jim,

       It had been a few years since I read that essay by Feehan in UNENDING
CONVERSATIONS on Burke and Mary Baker Eddy.  The perspective-by-incongruity
part, or "reversal" part, is what stuck in my mind.  Actually, Feehan finds a
broader range of Christian Science influences on Burke's thought in that piece.
It would certainly be worth the while of your grad student to read it, given
his interest in Burke's religious background.

       Ed

--part1_f6.597c3b44.30641a52_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Jim,<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It had been a few years since I read th=
at essay by Feehan in UNENDING CONVERSATIONS on Burke and Mary Baker Eddy.&n=
bsp; The perspective-by-incongruity part, or "reversal" part, is what stuck=20=
in my mind.&nbsp; Actually, Feehan finds a broader range of Christian Scienc=
e influences on Burke's thought in that piece.&nbsp; It would certainly be w=
orth the while of your grad student to read it, given his interest in Burke'=
s religious background.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ed&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_f6.597c3b44.30641a52_boundary--