Happy Birthday KB, KM, & SK

Wess, Robert RWess at orst.edu
Tue May 6 12:51:29 EST 2003

Burke's line was always that it was worked out in advance (maybe in the "Prologue in Heaven").  Kierkegaard, the idealist, tells us how ideas come down from above.  Marx, the materialist, tells us how ideas rise from below.  Burke, the realist, tells us what ideas do when they get here, regardless of where they come from.

Bob