Seeing Double

Erik Jacobs jacobs at kansas.net
Tue Feb 18 15:19:07 EST 2003

Leslie:

I guess we agree (in a strange kind of way). Besides your final paragraph,
which I did not fully understand, I could have written what you wrote. I
imagine you are referring to the painter, not the character from Ondaatje's
books. Did I miss the great Caravaggio/Warhol battle in art class? Did they
throw Campbell’s soup cans and cherubs at each other?

Of course, I could be missing something.

Let us hope that we are both wrong. I'd like to see Saddam working out of an
office in the Presidio like Gorbachev.

Please, Erik