FW: 2 softball questions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Apr 1 17:19:00 EST 2003

^>Fromthe OED:

   3. transf. Devotion or homage to a particular person or thing, now
esp. as paid by a body of professed adherents or admirers.

  1711 SHAFTESBURY Charac. III. i. (1737) I. 281 Convinc'd of the
Reality of a better Self, and of the Cult or Homage which is due to It.
1829 A. W. FONBLANQUE England Under 7 Admin. (1837) I. 238 These cults
are generally to be found in the same house. 1879 Q. Rev. Apr. 368 The
cult of beauty as the most vivid image of Truth. 1889 John Bull 2 Mar.
141/2 An evidence of the decay of the Wordsworth cult.