The Negative does not exist in nature

Erik Jacobs jacobs at
Thu Nov 8 17:04:21 EST 2001

Thank you for your reply. I will accept that the words "light" and "dark"
depend upon the observer. You made a good point. However, what about
"substance" and "void." Surely, a void is the absence of substance, i.e.

When one speaks about the void of space, one is not talking about something
that can necessarily be observed. Perhaps we would alter it by observing it
like an electron. The void either exists or it doesn't. I would suggest that
if it does exist, then the void exists as the negative of substance.

Erik Jacobs
Kansas State University
Grettir at