Housekeeping

Elaine Burklow eburklow at siu.edu
Sun Sep 17 19:55:55 EST 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C020D0.86C1AD20

Ed:  Let me confess to being a "lurker"!  I always mean to respond, but =
get busy!!  The answer to your question about free internet service is =
"Yes', it is the wave of the future.  I currently have two internet =
providers, the university and Lycos.  Lycos is free and there are no =
strings attached, just advertising,  with which I can live.  When you =
access the Lycos web site there is a screen where you can check for =
local access numbers, there was such a number for my area.  Word of =
warning: when I first installed this the number was not the local =
number.  However, I called the toll free service number & they talked me =
through the directions to change the number.  I have never had a problem =
with their internet service.

                        Elaine

eburklow at siu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C020D0.86C1AD20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ed:&nbsp; Let me confess to being a =
"lurker"!&nbsp;=20
I always mean to respond, but get busy!!&nbsp; The answer to your =
question about=20
free internet service is "Yes', it is the wave of the future.&nbsp; I =
currently=20
have two internet providers, the university and Lycos.&nbsp; Lycos is =
free and=20
there are no strings attached, just advertising,&nbsp; with which I can=20
live.&nbsp; When you access the Lycos web site there is a screen where =
you can=20
check for local access numbers, there was such a number for my =
area.&nbsp; Word=20
of warning:&nbsp;when I first installed this the number was not the =
local=20
number.&nbsp; However, I called the toll free service number &amp; they =
talked=20
me through the directions to change the number.&nbsp; I have never had a =
problem=20
with their internet service.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp; Elaine</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>eburklow at siu.edu</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>