[Cytometry] Scholarship

Jonni Moore moorej at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 25 14:31:13 EST 2014

Hi Rich and Everyone...

This is the goal of CytoU and we welcome full involvement of the community. With approximately 10 courses under development each with multiple author groups, many of you are already involved in that part of the U. We have had two webinars  so far and will be having these monthly, and again we welcome suggestions and ideas. ISAC is devoting considerable effort to this. For this to succeed, we are going to need effort from everyone in the community as course developers, reviewers, etc. This does not cover everything but is a start.

Having said that...I fully support an "education" pow-wow...perhaps something at ISAC even informally?

Like Rich, this is one of my passions and I feel it is an important role for shared resources!

Jonni

On Feb 25, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Konz, Richard wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> Education in cytometry should be something we as scientists and educators should be concerned with.  That being said, New England Cytometry would like to get the ball rolling.
>
> There are courses available [like Flocyte, ExCyte, ISAC, manufacturers courses etc.], but how do we get people more involved?
>
> I teach a graduate course in flow and image cytometry, but that is of course a limited audience.
>
> Let's all put our collective heads together for an educational forum that people can get involved with.  Either online or better in person.
>
> All the best to everyone,
>
> -Rich
>
> Richard F. Konz, Jr.
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Medicine
> Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility
> UMASS Medical School
> 55 Lake Avenue North
> Room S5-322
> Worcester, MA  01655
> Office:  508-856-1598
> Lab:  508-856-3276
> Mobil:  508-868-6021
> Lab Web Link:  http://www.umassmed.edu/facslab/index.aspx
> My Faculty Page:  http://www.umassmed.edu/ivp/faculty/Konz.cfm
> There is no emotion, there is peace.
> There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
> There is no passion, there is serenity.
> There is no chaos, there is harmony.
> There is no death, there is the Force.
>
> The Jedi Code

Jonni S. Moore, Ph.D.
Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Director, Flow Cytometry Laboratory, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Director, Abramson Cancer Center Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Shared Resource

211 John Morgan Bldg, 3620 Hamilton Walk
Perleman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6082
Phone: 215-898-6853
Fax: 215-898-4227
moorej at mail.med.upenn.edu

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.