[Cytometry] Miltenyi AutoMacsPro

Joanne Lannigan jl7fj at virginia.edu
Tue Feb 25 08:32:11 EST 2014

Dear SRL managers
We have recently acquired a Miltenyi AutoMacsPro for use in our core. I was wondering how others who offer this service bill for services. Do you bill on an hourly basis or a separation basis? The lack of a computer interface makes it difficult to track. The system does log time of separation, begin/end and date, but there is no way to export this data. I have heard that some people just use handwritten logs, which I am not really found of. There are multiple separation programs, all which take different amounts of time, as well as the auto labeling procedure which is also optional. I would appreciate any feedback from those that have crossed this bridge. Just a note that the Pro model is significantly different from the previous AutoMacs. I wish they at least had a USB to export the report logs.
Thanks in advance,
Joanne

Joanne Lannigan
Director, Flow Cytometry Core