[Cytometry] CD14 positive cell line

Geza Paukovics paukovic at burnet.edu.au
Tue Feb 18 19:26:26 EST 2014

Nuno,

>From memory U937 is a monocytic cell line, just cross check if it
constitutively expresses CD14. A quick google search showed that vitamin D3
enhanced CD14 expression in these cells, but I didn't read enough into it
whether it's constitutive.
Hope that helps if you do not have ready access to primary monocytes.
Gez

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Nuno Oliveira <cravista at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> If I understood your question, the answer is mature monocytes. Almost all
> of them express CD14.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Nuno Oliveira, IPOCFG - Flow Cytometry Division

> ravi.vyzasatya at lonza.com>:
>
> > Dear Flowers,
> >
> > Do you know of any cell line(s) that constitutively express CD14? I am
> > looking for a CD14 cell line that I can use as positive control in a flow
> > assay.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Ravi
> >
> > Ravi Vyzasatya
> > Scientist
> > Cell Therapy Development Services
> > Lonza Walkersville, Inc.
> > 8830 Biggs Ford Road
> > US - 21793-0127 Walkersville
> > Tel. : +1 301 378 1152
> >

> > ________________________________
> > This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential
> > and privileged information the use of which by other persons or entities
> > than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this
> transmission
> > in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material
> > from your system.

*Geza Paukovics*
AMREP Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager
AMREP Senior Flow Cytometrist
Burnet: Corporate Support Services - Laboratory Services
VHPF Flow Cytometry Program Group
Sidney Myer Fund Flow Cytometry Unit
Monash: Monash Central School of Medicine (AMREP)

 [image: Burnet Institute]

85 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
GPO Box 2284, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3001
*TEL* (03) 9282 2246 *LAB TEL* (03) 9903 0601
*EMAIL* paukovic at burnet.edu.au *WWW* http://www.burnet.edu.au

The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health Ltd
ABN 49 007 349 984