[Cytometry] Use of Transfix for leucocyte immunophenotyping

Daniel Harrison Daniel at caltagmedsystems.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 05:02:48 EST 2014

Dear Pal Jakso,

My apologies for the late reply to your TransFix question. I was away on holiday at the time and have just noticed your email! I agree that this result does not look favourable. Can you please tell me:

1)      The lot number of TransFix used

2)      How the blood sample was stored

3)      If the blood sample was prepared in any way beforehand

4)      When TransFix was administered to the sample

However, from the information you have already given me I can tell you that you need to use a 1 to 5 ratio when stabilising blood samples (1 part TransFix added to 5 parts  blood). This should give you an immunophenotypic profile that is similar to the fresh sample. Additionally, you need to ensure that the blood sample, if taken in an EDTA tube, is not refrigerated before you administer the TransFix to it and that this is performed as soon after phlebotomy as possible. Then the sample should mixed by inversion and stored at 2-8C for optimal stabilisation. I have attached an Instructions for Use document for your information.

As far as the FSC and SSC characteristics you will see a shift in the monocyte and granulocyte populations (not lymphocytes) once TransFix is added but antigen expression in terms of MFI should not significantly change for leukocytes.

Again, I am sorry for the delay and if I can be of any further assistance then please email me directly.

Kind regards,

Daniel Harrison
Senior Scientist

Caltag Medsystems Ltd
Whiteleaf Business Centre
11, Little Balmer
Buckingham
MK18 1TF
UK

Tel     +44 (0)1280 827 460
DDI    +44 (0)1280 827 462
Fax    +44 (0)1280 827 466
Email    Daniel at caltagmedsystems.co.uk<mailto:T at caltagmedsystems.co.uk>
Web     www.caltagmedsystems.co.uk<http://www.caltagmedsystems.co.uk/>

Caltag MedSystems is a limited company registered in England and Wales.

Registered office: Whiteleaf Business Centre, 11, Little Balmer, Buckingham, MK18 1TF, UK

Registered number: 4162330
VAT Number: GB 765 66 6189

Please note that Caltag Medsystems may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the intended recipients. If you are not an intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify Daniel at caltagmedsystems.co.uk immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Daniel Harrison therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.