[Cytometry] criopreservation

Jose Benito jbenito1 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 07:10:09 EST 2014

Dear all, this is not a question about cytometry but I am sure many of you deal with this issue. -I am moving in the near future to a different lab and need to start from the scratch with all the necessary equipment for a cell culture lab. Among the equipment of course a criopreservation system is one of the key elements of the lab. So, I am thinking between the classical liquid nitrogen equipment or an ultra-low freezer (-150ºC). I wonder if any of you have any experience with one of this ultra-low freezer (liquid nitrogen free) in terms of stability and durability of sample preservation. Of course the advantage over the LN2 is the independence of a constant supply of LN2 and the much lower maintenance costs (I assume!).

Thank you very much

Jose M Benito

Hospital Carlos III

Madrid