[Cytometry] Longevity of T cell activation markers HLA-DR and Ki-67

Andreas Radbruch radbruch at drfz.de
Thu Feb 13 18:19:55 EST 2014

Hi Calman,

T cells will need IL2 or IL7 to survive, so culturing them without does not reflect any physiological situation, what is really the experimental question?

With respect to Ki-67, this is not so much an activation marker, but a protein that is expressed in cells when they cycle (G1-S-G2M) but not in Go. We find it very useful and unique information, to know whether a cell is cycling or resting. There are many markers for recently activated T cells, like CD25, CD154, CD137, CD71 etc. are these expressed as well? For some of these, the kinetics of downregulation are known much more precise than for HLA-DR.

all the best, Andreas Radbruch

Sent from my iPad