[Cytometry] R: Longevity of T cell activation markers HLA-DR and Ki-67

fnicoli at libero.it fnicoli at libero.it
Wed Feb 12 03:51:15 EST 2014

Dear Calman,
in  my experience resting PBMC cultured for 8 days display a percentage of HLA-
DR+ of about 10%
Regards
Francesco

disease patients that appear to be activated in vivo, in that they express
increased HLA-DR, and Ki-67.  We'd like to culture the PBMC under "resting"
conditions (no added cytokines) to see if these activation markers are down
regulated. We can keep PBMC alive in vitro for 7 days under these conditions.

>Question: Does anyone know how long HLA-DR and Ki-67 stay up once the
activation stimulus is removed?