[Cytometry] 6 color leukemia/lymphoma panels

Nuno Oliveira cravista at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 05:40:10 EST 2014

Dear Pam,

Hi don´t know any panel with 6 colours used by someone, at least in
Portugal, which is my country.  However I can write down 2 panels that
should be suitable to use.

For B cell pathology:
1. 8+L / 56+K / 3 / 20+4 / 19+GD / 5
2. FMC7 / 23 / 20 / 22 / 19 / 24
3. IgM / 10 / 20 / 38 / 19 / 27 *
4. 43 / 200 / 20 / 79b / 19 / 27 *
5. 62L / 81 / 20 / 95 / 19 / 27 *
6. 31 / 305 / 20 / 103 / 19 / 11c
Notes: I use 5 colour panels. Sometimes I need CD25 to identify some
lymphomas just when a lot of options are already out of question. CD24 is
not on the Euroflow panel. If may help but it is not really necessary. From
the Euroflow panel just CD39, CXCR5 and CD49d are out. I don´t use them.
FMC7 is also not on the Euroflow panel. However I still use it because it
can help in some lymphomas. HLA-DR is on the Euroflow panel, but also not
really necessary. CD27 could take part of tubes 3, 4 or 5. Maybe it gives
more information if you use it in tube 3.

For T cell pathology:
1. 8 / 28 / 3 / 27 / GD / 4
2. 2 / 7 / 3 / 5 / 8 / 4
3. 57 / 56 / 3 / 11b / 8 / 4
4. 16 / 94 / 3 / 11c / 8 / 4
5. 45RA / 45RO / 3 / 8 / CC7 / 4
6. HLA-DR / 11a / 3 / 38 / 8 / 4
7. 62L / TCL1 / 3 / 25 / 8 / 4
Notes: The last tube would be used only to catch T-Prolymphocytic Leukemia.
CD11a is also not part of the Euroflow panel, but some groups still use it.
I think it happens the same with CD25. I never used CD279a to catch
angioimmunoblastic lymphoma, because I never had a case.

For leukemia panel I would have to think a little bit more, since I don´t
have a lot of cases, so I just have a screening panel.

Greetings,

Nuno Oliveira, Flow Cytometry division - IPOCFG, Portugal