[Cytometry] multiple negatives for comp in Diva?

David McDonald David.McDonald at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 06:51:01 EST 2014

Hi Carol,

Just to add to Cris's message. If you have a very high transfection efficiency so that you don't have a negative histogram for your transfectants then either mix unstained cells into your transfectants or acquire and append  some unstained cells into the "GFP" compensation control tube (you need a minimum of 5000 events for the autocomp to work).

We take the same approach to for compensating for viability dyes such as DAPI.

Best wishes,
David

Dr D McDonald

Flow cytometry core facility