[Cytometry] multiple negatives for comp in Diva?

Carol Norris carol.norris at uconn.edu
Thu Feb 6 11:40:14 EST 2014

Hi Flow Gurus,

We have lots of folks combining GFP-expressing cells with antibody labeling, and I’d like to get more of them using comp beads for the antibody controls. There doesn’t seem to be a way to use GFP-negative cells for the GFP comp control and unstained beads for the antibody comp controls in Diva.  Are unlabeled cells OK to use as a universal negative?  The other option would be to transfer the data to FlowJo to get a comp matrix, and then transfer the comp values back into Diva.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol E. Norris, Ph.D
Facility Scientist
Flow Cytometry/Confocal Microscopy Facility
Biotechnology/Bioservices Center
University of Connecticut Unit 3149
91 N. Eagleville Rd
Storrs, CT 06269-3149