[Cytometry] Aria I vs LSRII bacteria--fluorescence analysis

Erin Kelly erkelly4572 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 15:51:52 EST 2014

Hello all,

This is a message from my lab mate we'd really appreciate some insight!

I am trying to use the flow cytometer to analyze fluoresce levels from a
repressed system by varying concentrations of the signalling
molecule. There are two flow cytometers available : aria I and the lsr II.
I would like to know if either of the machines have any particular
advantage over the other with respect to my experiment ( sensitivity to
varied fluorescence signals, reliability of data).

I have been receiving conflicting information about this.  The guy in
charge of the machines says the LSR II is better for fluorescence readings,
but apparently they Aria I is more sensitive to small cells (I'm working
with E. coli).  Additionally, I tested samples on the same day on both the
LSR II and the Aria and the results look the same.

Thanks