[Cytometry] BC Navios or BD FACSCanto II ?

Nebe-Von-Caron, G g.nebe-von-caron at alere.com
Wed Feb 5 16:17:01 EST 2014

Considering that you asked this before in 2012

> We are thinking of buying a 3 laser(405 nm, 488nm, 635nm)/8 color instrument for immunophenotyping of hematooncological samples.
> Could share your experience about the following machines?
>
> BD FACSCanto II or FACSVerse
> BC Navios
> Partec CyFlow Space
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Pal Jakso, PhD
> biologist

I would be interested what different answers you will get this time :-)

To be politically correct, apart from Miltenyi you should consider a couple of other manufacturers as well, such as Sony, Bio-Rad, Apogee, Stratedigm and Millipore that you missed last time as well. However you might tell us about the IVD certification requirements as there are several companies selling IVD certified reagents and panels and control material, and some manufacturers actually mention the IVD certification of their instruments, but perhaps you can provide us some info of what the IVD/CE requirements are and how much of it lies in the procedures, the software and the hardware.

Regards

Gerhard