[Cytometry] Fwd: BC Navios or BD FACSCanto II ?

marie c bene mariecbene at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 02:46:08 EST 2014

Hi Pal
Sorry for answering olnly now, I was on the move.
Yes, the UV light is well preserved in the Navios where lasers do not go
through optical fiber but through air towards optical filters. The travel
distance is also kept very short by the special configuration of the
optical bench. There is no power loss.
Photoprotection is provided by solic carousels where the sample is largely
shielded from light and a very dark housing with a small door allowing if
needed to change a tube without opening the whole thing. As you know some
of the newest fluorochromes are very much light sensitive ans I believe
that this helps.
Finally, yes, the whole part of lasers, optics AND flow cell are kept at a
stable temperature by the built-in air conditioning of the instrument which
makes settings very stable even in very hot surroundings.
I hope this helps
MC

Dear Marie,

--