[Cytometry] FW: flow cytometry question

Ofir Goldberger immunologywiz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 01:42:11 EST 2014

Not sure about the ex/em question, but just wanted to add that flow rate could make a huge difference in FSC/SSC as well as fluorescence. My advice is to work through all the flow rates and find what works best for you.

Good luck!
Ofir
--Composed using a teeny tiny keyboard.--Ofir Goldberger, Ph.D. ? Head of Flow Cytometry Unit
Technion, Faculty of Medicine ? 1 Efron St., Haifa 31096, Israel
Phone: 972-4829-5361 ? Cell: 972-544-853521 ? Fax: 972-4829-5363Suggest a time to meet with my online calendar

 From: "Shaw, Pam" <pam.shaw at mso.umt.edu> To: Cytometry List <cytometry at lists.purdue.edu> Subject: [Cytometry] FW: flow cytometry question Date: 03/02/14, 16:47

Hello flow list buddies!

I have a request a bit out of my  comfort zone.  We don?t do a lot of bacterial work, so could use some input on this request (see below).  We have a FACSAria II with 405, 488 and 633 nm lasers.  Would the 633 laser work for cyanobacteria as described below and would we be able to see a difference in size as the request indicates?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

--
Pam Shaw