[Cytometry] Th-17 lymphocytes

Elena Belyakova elena_belyakova at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 14:01:16 EST 2014

Dear flow community,

I need your help with measuring Th-17 lymphocytes in PBMC. One cardiologist from our medical centre start to perform a PhD about laboratory diagnostic of autoimmune myocarditis. She bought commercial kit for flow measuring Th-17 lymphocytes (http://www.biolegend.com/human-th17-flow-kit-cd3-fitc-cd4-pe-il-17-alexa-fluor-647-antibody-5654.html)
Does anyone have an experience with this method? Because I've tried to do it several times, but there was just 1-3 events of h17+/CD3+/CD4+ on the dot plots! Cytokine staining protocol was the same as described at the web page for this product. And now  I'm a bit stuck as to how to perform this issue. Also I couldn't find reference range for Th-17 in blood.
I was wondering if you could help me out, please. Sorry for my English.

Kind regards,
Elena Belyakova
Federal Medical Investigation Centre named after Almazov
St.Petersburg, Russia