[Cytometry] Irish Cytometry Society. Annual Meeting, Seminars and Courses. Reminder to Register!!

Alfonso Blanco alfonso.blanco at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 4 08:30:45 EST 2014

Abstract Submission Deadline extended to this Thursday, February 6th!

Registration Deadline extended to Friday, February 14th!

Also, note Infinicyt (Cytognos) seminar on Feb 25th. More details to follow…

Along with the Irish Cytometry Society Annual Meeting on February 25th-26th, we have arranged a number of seminars and courses to coincide with the conference.

As places are limited please register as soon as possible to ensure attendance.

Full details here <http://irishcytometry.wix.com/icys> .

ICyS Meeting:

Feb 25th-26th,  <http://www.ucd.ie/studentcentre/venueinformation/astrahall/> Astra Hall, UCD:

Registration:

Registration, and Abstract, deadline is January 31st. Registration is free but places are limited so early registration is vital; complete Abstract  <http://irishcytometry.wix.com/icys> & Registration Form here.

The meeting is aimed at all with an interest in flow cytometry and imaging technologies, from beginner to advanced levels; and most presentations will be more research/clinical than technology focussed.

Along with excellent presentations, all key reagent and instrumentation vendors will be exhibiting.

Guest speakers (More to follow):

Patrick Casey.University College Cork.

Antonio Cosma. Commission for Atomic Energy, Paris, France.

Andy Filby. Cancer Research UK.

Jean Fletcher. Trinity College Dublin

Rui Gardner. Gulbenkian Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência

Brendan Kennedy. University College Dublin

Kingston Mills. Trinity College Dublin

Peter O'Toole. University of York

Carol Oxford. Bio-Rad Laboratories

Andy Riddell. University of Cambridge

Cormac Taylor. University College Dublin

Seminars:

Feb 24th,  <http://www.ucd.ie/conway/aboutus/contactus/> Conway Institute, UCD:

-           <http://www.beckmancoulter.com/wsrportal/wsr/research-and-discovery/products-and-services/flow-cytometry/software/kaluza-analysis-software/index.htm> Kaluza Cytometry Software Seminar

Contact: jtigges at bidmc.harvard.edu

-           <http://www.bioscience.co.uk/feature/135238> MoxiFlow Hand-held Cytometer Demo

Contact: emma.pepperell at bioscience.co.uk

Feb 25th,  <http://www.ucd.ie/conway/aboutus/contactus/> Conway Institute, UCD:

-           <http://www.infinicyt.com/> Infinicyt Cytometry Software Seminar

Contact: alfonso.blanco at ucd.ie

Feb 27th:  <http://www.tcd.ie/biosciences/> Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, TCD:

-           <http://www.denovosoftware.com/> De Novo FCS Express Software Seminar

Contact: kaya.ghosh at denovosoftware.com

For more information go to link: ICyS Courses <http://irishcytometry.wix.com/icys#!courses/cx3>

Please email the contacts directly if you would like to register.

All 4 workshops are free!

Courses:

Feb 27th-28th:  <http://www.tcd.ie/biosciences/> Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, TCD:

-           <http://expertcytometry.com/excyte-sorting-in-dublin-2014/> Expert Cytometry 2-day Sorting Course

Contact: expert at expertcytometry.org

Please email ExCyte <mailto:expert at expertcytometry.org>  directly if you would like to register.

For further details for the ICyS meeting, seminars or courses visit us at the ICyS website: http://irishcytometry.wix.com/icys

We look forward to seeing you in Dublin in February.

ICyS Organising Committee.

Annual Meeting of the Irish Cytometry Society

February 25th & 26th 2014

                                                                                                             Astra Hall, University College Dublin

!! Free Registration !!

!! €500 Cash Prize for best Oral Presentation !!

!! €200 Cash Prize for best Poster Presentation !!

Dear all

We are delighted to announce the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Irish Cytometry Society, now in its 10th year. Again, it will serve as a joint meeting for flow cytometry, high content screening, microscopy, imaging, and related technologies. The meeting is an excellent opportunity for scientists to keep up with developments, to mix with technology experts, and to share research across the various fields within cytometry and imaging. All key instrumentation and reagent companies will be present and available to discuss their technologies.

This will be a two day event held in the Astra Hall <http://www.ucd.ie/studentcentre/venueinformation/astrahall/>  at University College Dublin. The conference will be split into four sessions focussing on:

·         stem cell biology

·         immunology and clinical cytometry

·         cell cycle and cell proliferation studies

·         food, marine, and other applications

Registration to the meeting is free of charge due to the generous donations from our sponsors, but places are limited so early registration is encouraged. We invite you to submit an abstract for consideration for poster or oral presentation.

The Registration and Abstract form is attached. We look forward to welcoming you to UCD in February 2014! For further details or visit us at irishcytometry.wix.com/icys

For any further details, please contact Barry Moran (barry.moran at tcd.ie) at +353 1 896 2761 <tel:%2B353%201%20896%202761> , any member of the organising committee <http://irishcytometry.wix.com/icys#!about-us/cktc> , or visit us at irishcytometry.wix.com/icys

With best wishes

Management Committee of the Irish Cytometry Society.

--

Please visit the Irish Cytometry Society (ICyS) website here <http://irishcytometry.wix.com/icys> .