[Cytometry] CD10 clone "issue" : clincal flow question.

Te Chih LIU te_chih_liu at nuhs.edu.sg
Mon Feb 3 19:26:42 EST 2014

A CD5+/CD10+ lymphoma is a rarity. In my 15+ years, I've only seen it once and that was in a patient with an ordinary Large B-cell Lymphoma who subsequently relapsed (or developed a second malignancy) with leukaemic involvement of the CD5+/CD10+ B-cells. Unfortunately the relapsed disease was resistant to treatment.

Considering that the CD10+ positivity was seen in the PC5 fluorochrome and not with FITC, I would first check the reactivity with a new lot of CD10 PC5. Similarly, I would also check to see if the background neutrophils stain positively (albeit dimly) with the CD10 FITC.

Regards,
Te_Chih Liu
National University Hospital, Singapore