[Cytometry] FW: flow cytometry question

christopher.fogarty at helsinki.fi christopher.fogarty at helsinki.fi
Tue Feb 4 02:18:29 EST 2014

Hi Pam,

I have previously worked with bacteria in the FACS machine and have
found a pretty significant change in scatter properties if I don't
vortex the samples just before the run. Given that it's relatively
straight forward to see the different scatter properties before and
after vortex, it very well may be possible to see differences in
clumping between a population that clumps and one that doesn't as much
using FSC-A vs -H and SSC.

It seems that testing the hypothesis would be pretty straight forward,
as least. But keep in mind that vortexing affects the scatter
properties.

Hope this helps,

Chris