[Cytometry] Dye cycle violet

Cappella, Paolo Elia [Nervianoms] Paolo.Cappella at nervianoms.com
Mon Feb 3 05:15:59 EST 2014

Hi Eric,

I completely agree with William Telford. These dyes are MRD substrates, and cells could express dirrent levels of MDR, MRP, LRP, BCRP. You should test before MDR suppressor before usage and use at not toxic concentration.
In my experience verapamil is most toxic and should be use carefully. Other inhibitors incluse a cyclosporine derivative, PSC-833 and niguldipine that in my hand seem to be less toxic in cells and in past I successfully used in LoVo/DX and MCF7/Dx cells to revert MDR activities. For a details regarding your cells there are some free databases (type on google "encyclopedia cell lines, novartis") where are indicate MDR gene expression and their levels. This can help you to used a right MDR suppressor.

All the best
Paolo Cappella