[Cytometry] Dye cycle violet

Cris Bare flowmail at verizon.net
Sat Feb 1 22:43:17 EST 2014

I don't remember that HeLa are MDR active. I have sorted SP phenotype from MCF7 before.

One would think a cell line would be fairly homogenous for that kind of thing, but even in MCF7 SP was a small percentage.

Important to remember us that Ho42 and DCV needs time to load at 37degC in live cells. Did your user try different timepoints?

While the ethanol fixing will help give nice cycle profiles, you may lose a lot of unanchored GFP.

Three other alternatives are LDS751, Syto62, and DRAQ5. All of which will need optimization of concentration and loading time.

Cheers!
-cbb