[Cytometry] TUNEL assay with flow cytometry

Patrick Vincent pvincent at semex.com
Mon Apr 29 11:35:03 EDT 2013

Hello all,
We are currently running TUNEL assays on frozen-thawed bovine semen and we would like to include a viability marker before performing the TUNEL reaction in order to quantify DNA integrity in alive cells specifically. We use live/dead discrinator (LDD) from Molecular probes as viability marker and we got unsatisfactory results. Is anybody using a live maker other than LDD to look at DNA integrity on live cells and that would be suitable with the TUNEL assay ?
Thanks
Patrick

Patrick Vincent, Ph.D.

Chercheur industriel / Industrial researcher

L'Alliance Boviteq inc.

19 320 Grand rang St-François

St-Hyacinthe (Québec)

Canada J2T 5H1