[Cytometry] New BD Aria Sort Stream Camera input?

Simon Monard monard at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Apr 22 23:17:01 EDT 2013

Seems rather expensive. Little video cameras are cheap, you can get  sony
exview cameras for 50 bucks, they can be connected via BNC connectors to a
monitor or portable tv or you can connect then to a CCTV dvr box then to a
regular  LCD monitor. You can also get usb cameras. Any place that sells
spy cameras or CCTV equipment should sell all the components. I've bought
lots of things from RF Concepts in the UK but plenty of other places sell
such stuff.

Best
Simon

> Hello all,
>
> We are debating the value of retro-fitting our Aria IIU with the new
> camera
> accessory that will allow for sort stream setup without having the sort
> block door open.. Has anyone done this, and if so, is it worth the price
> of
> $10,000? We are only sorting mouse samples and couple of human cell lines,
> so biohazard containment is a minimal concern...It would though help with
> some of the new UC laser safety compliance rules...
>
> I would love to hear any feedback and opinions!  Thanks, Bari
>

> --
> *Bari Holm Nazario
> Facilities and Flow Cytometry Manager
> Institute for the Biology of Stem Cells (IBSC)
> CIRM SHared Stem Cell and FACS Core
> UCSC Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering
> 1156 High Street/Thimann Dock/Biomed 450
> Santa Cruz, CA 95064
> 831-459-3980 ph
> 831-459-1809 fax*****
>

> "Success is not the key to happiness.