[Cytometry] Notes from Newton, 19 April 2013

Howard Shapiro hms at shapirolab.com
Fri Apr 19 13:08:36 EDT 2013

For those of you in the outside world, most of us in the immediate vicinity of Boston are sitting locked in at home per the request of the Governor and various mayors and public safety officials. I wouldn't even have been able to bicycle to my lab today; the field headquarters for the SWAT teams, etc., are blocking the route, and the building is closed.

It's hard to count the number of flow cytometers that have been affected by today's virtual clogs. That said, I think most of us are fine, and at least one of us has enough good home-brewed beer to get through a prolonged siege.

Some things take precedence over getting samples run on time, and, in any case, the clinical stuff that needs to be run today will be run.

-Howard