[Cytometry] COPAS (or similar) large particle sorter

Pulak, Rock rpulak at unionbio.com
Thu Apr 18 07:40:51 EDT 2013

Hi Rosemary and Vanta,

The Aria is OK for eggs/embryos and the first larval stage. Anything bigger (second, third, fourth and Adults stages) starts to become too big for the 100 micron nozzle and the generation of droplets for sorting. Also, there are a lot of other particles, (for example, the cuticles of molts) that can clog the small 100 micron flow cell. Despite these limitations, it does work well for that one early slice of the animal's life cycle. The larger flow cells of the COPAS instruments and the method of sorting, overcome these shortcomings.

Best regards,

Rock Pulak
Union Biometrica, Inc.