[Cytometry] COPAS (or similar) large particle sorter

Vanta Jameson vanta.jameson at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 17 20:55:04 EDT 2013

Hi Rosemary

I'm not UK based so can't help you there.  I have had a similar enquiry to sort c elegans on my Aria III, and the researcher sent this Nature Protocols reference where they sort on an Aria I using 100um at 20psi, just lowing the drop drive.

Fernandez, A. G., Bargmann, B. O. R., Mis, E. K., Edgley, M. L., Birnbaum, K. D., & Piano, F. (2012). High-throughput fluorescence-based isolation of live C. elegans larvae. Nature Protocols, 7(8), 1502–1510. doi:10.1038/nprot.2012.084

We have not yet tried it, but it may work for sorting the smallest larval stage nematodes.

good luck!

Vanta