[Cytometry] Custom BV510 filter for Gallios

Tomas Kalina tomas.kalina at lfmotol.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 17 17:33:31 EDT 2013

Hi Suzanne,

I will be showing some data on how can you standardize measurments of
particular (EuroFlow) panel on Canto - Cyan - Navios on ISAC-CYTO in San
Diego.
One result is that the filters (and differences thereof) play
surprisingly little role.
Based on the data we have so far, we will not change filters for either
Pacific Blue / Pacific Orange nor BV421 / BV510 containing tubes (you do
need to adjust compensation, as the dyes do have different emission
spectra).

My personal view after playing a bit with optimal filters for Pacific
Orange vs the issues with AmCyan is that you gain only a little more
signal if you find "the Optimal" filter (assuming the manufacturing
quality is always great), however the game is more about avoiding the
spillover from your other dyes into your "Optimal" filter.

Best regards, Tomas

--
Doc. MUDr. Tomáš Kalina, Ph.D.
CLIP - Cytometrie

Skype: tomaskalina
fax (+420) 22443 6417
http://www.lf2.cuni.cz/clip/
tel: (+420) 22443 6487
adresa:       	V úvalu 84
         		150 06 Praha 5

Tomas Kalina, M.D., Ph.D.
CLIP - Cytometry
Associate Professor
Department of Paediatric Hematology/Oncology 2nd Medical School Charles University Prague

Skype: tomaskalina
fax (+420) 22443 6417
http://www.lf2.cuni.cz/clip/
phone (+420) 22443 6487