[Cytometry] Scanning optical filters

Cris Bare flowmail at verizon.net
Tue Apr 16 13:10:35 EDT 2013

Seeing Ed's article cited reminded me how invaluable it was to scan every piece of optic glass we could slip out of our instruments at Rockefeller.

We used a Biochrom scanning spectrophotometer and I made a little MSAccess databases that had all the filter info plus graphs of both transmission and OD. For the most part they were consistent, but a few were stinkers.

As Howard Shapiro has noted several times, the OD is the real measurement and you need a spec that will measure 6 logs. Transmission % is not as telling.

Cheers!
-cbb

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=28573199