[Cytometry] UBCflow course 2013

Andy Johnson andy at ubcflow.ca
Wed Apr 17 00:02:19 EDT 2013

The next UBCflow course will be held on October 8th - 11th 2013.

We are keeping the same format as previous years, as it has worked well.
The aim of the course is to answer all your questions about flow cytometry
and allow you to be very comfortable doing 8+ colour analysis, in a
supportive group setting.

We accept people with no experience who want to learn flow cytometry
correctly, through to experienced users who want to understand why they do
the things that they do.

It is an informal workshop with 15 students and 5 instruments, so small
groups of 3.  We will be looking at human blood, platelets, mouse spleen,
bone marrow, thymus, cell cycle, apoptosis and cytokine assays and digested
muscle.  With all samples we will cover instrument QC, compensation, set
up, gating and analysis.

90% of the workshop is hands on flow cytometry with lots of discussion and
questions everyday.  The spaces will fill up quickly so please email me for
more details and I will send you a link to the website for payment.