[Cytometry] Flow Cytometry Research Assistant - BIDMC
ssweene3 at bidmc.harvard.edu
ssweene3 at bidmc.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 12 15:39:53 EDT 2013
The Center for Virology and Vaccine Research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center has a position for a Flow Cytometry Research Assistant with at least two years of prior experience working in a biomedical research facility. The position is located in a large, dynamic laboratory studying basic science and clinical aspects of candidate AIDS vaccines. The facility also serves the Boston Centers for AIDS Research community by conducting experiments and providing flow cytometry expertise.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, is renowned for excellence in patient care, biomedical research, teaching and community service. Located in the heart of Boston's Longwood Medical and Academic Area, it hosts nearly three quarters of a million patients.
* Operation and maintenance of flow cytometry analyzers and cell sorting instruments
* Phenotyping and functional lymphocyte assays; improving and developing existing/new assays to enhance detection of lymphocyte function
* Complex flow cytometric data analysis and graphing of results
* Presentation of research results in group meetings
* Advise research assistants, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and principle investigators to set up flow cytometry experiments and help in data analysis and presentation.
* Extensive training in state-of-the-art flow cytometry will be available to select and motivated individuals.
* BA/BS with 2 years of experience required, 4-6 years preferred or MA/MS with requisite knowledge and skills
* Broad knowledge of computer hardware and software (including MAC and PC)
* Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
* Capacity to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and to seek supervisory assistance as needed.
* Candidates with previous experience in flow cytometry (in particular cell sorting), monitoring of cellular immune function and a basic knowledge in viral immunology are preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package with a generous earned-time program, 401(k)/403(b), subsidized T-pass program, health and fitness facility, and more! Equal Opportunity Employer.
For a full job description and to apply, please go to http://jobs.bidmc.org and enter requisition #5049BR.
Senior Staffing Partner - Research
Human Resources Department
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
330 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Phone: (617) 632-9408
Fax: (617) 754-8626
E-mail: ssweene3 at bidmc.harvard.edu
Confidentiality notice: This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. Thank you.
More information about the Cytometry