[Cytometry] FACS Based Stem Cell Derivation Method

David Kahler DKahler at NYSCF.org
Mon Apr 15 12:08:50 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

Based on a previous post I realize I should have shared this with you earlier. Over the last few years we've been developing a FACS based method of deriving induced pluripotent stem cells from reprogrammed human dermal fibroblasts which was recently published online at:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0059867

We've found that using this technique really speeds up the derivation process and significantly improves the quality of the stem cell lines while simultaneously reducing the labor and resource requirements. Id love to hear your thoughts or questions on it especially if you are working in this area or interested in moving into stem cell research.

Thanks

David J Kahler, PhD
Director of NYSCF Drug Discovery Laboratory
dkahler at nyscf.org<mailto:dkahler at nyscf.org>