[Cytometry] Sorting Human ES cells

Simon Monard monard at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Apr 14 20:18:02 EDT 2013

I've sorted lots of mouse ES cells but never human. The word on the street
is they are very hard to grow after sorting.  I have an investigator who
wants to sort hES cells stained with E-cadherin and Erbb3.
We'll try all the usual stuff, sense-in-air sorter, low pressure, big
nozzle, soft music etc.
Has anyone discovered any tricks to improve their viability?
Thanks

Simon Monard
Head of Flow Cytometry
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute