[Cytometry] Formation of a new core

Scott Tighe scott.tighe at uvm.edu
Fri Apr 12 18:38:30 EDT 2013

Hi Lorelle

A good fluoresecnt microscope with a 485, 365, 565 excitation is critical. I strongly suggest that you get a 510 long band pass filter on the 485 excitation as well. And it does not hurt to have a 365 excitation with a 405 long pass to have the ability to see autofluorescence.

Also, if your budget can afford it a cell counter such as the life tech Countess is a nice addition

Sincerely

Scott Tighe
Advanced Genome Technology Lab
  Vermont Cancer Center at the University of Vermont
149 Beaumont Avenue
Health Science Research Bd RM 305
Burlington Vermont USA 05405
lab  802-656-AGTC (2482)