[Cytometry] Formation of a new core

Simon Monard monard at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 11 22:20:56 EDT 2013

Hi Lorelle

There is quite a lot to consider, if you are going to Cyto 2013 there will
be lots of people to talk to about this, you should visit a few labs.  You
don't say whether you'll have cell sorters, I assume so. Is the room
established already? I also assume you'll be sorting human cells in which
case your facility should probably  be divided into sorting and analysis
sections with the sorters in a lab which is BL3 or close to BL3. Thats not
something you can easily retrofit so should be established right away. If
your instruments will be in hoods will the ceiling height be high enough?
You'll need all the other facilities such as air, vacuum etc as Nicolas
says. Save yourself a whole lot of grief later on and get the lab built
with biosafety in mind.

Best

Simon

Simon Monard