[Cytometry] Formation of a new core

Nicolas Loof Nicolas.Loof at utsouthwestern.edu
Thu Apr 11 13:56:20 EDT 2013

Hello Lorelle,
I had the opportunity to establish a flow core last year so here is my recommendation:
First you need to know what instruments you need and will be needed in the future.
Establish the floor plan: included future instruments, analysis stations, office (my office is kind of far of the facility and it's not the most convenient)
I've included in-house air (it make the room more quiet and instrument air-compressor will give you back up if in-house air is failing) and fast internet connection for data transfer to servers.
You need room temperature control, a lab-sink to dump the waste...

I do not have a microscope to check the staining for me.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have more questions.
Regards,
Nicolas

Nicolas Loof, MS
Manager, CRI Flow Cytometry Shared Facility
Children’s Medical Center Research Institute at UTSW
Biomedical Research Building – NL12.110DB
6000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75235