[Cytometry] storage of fixed cells after brdu incorporation

KDT7 at pitt.edu KDT7 at pitt.edu
Wed Apr 10 09:14:09 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am performing brdu pulse-labeling for S-phase analysis. After
incorporation of brdu and subsequent fixation (I am using 70% ethanol), I
am wondering if it is possible to store the cells (say, at 4 or -20°C) for
later analysis, or if its best to continue immediately with the rest of
the staining protocol? Many of the protocols I have seen do not mention
storage (the longest I have seen is overnight at 4°C). When doing PI DNA
stains, I have had good luck storing the cells in ethanol at -20 prior to
the PI stain,  although brdu is a different ballgame. Thanks in advanced
for your help!

Best Regards,
Keith Task
University of Pittsburgh