[Cytometry] bunny WBCs

Davis, William C davisw at vetmed.wsu.edu
Tue Apr 9 13:17:57 EDT 2013

Hi Mara,

I am attaching our paper describing the development of a set of mAbs for research in rabbits.  As noted in the paper, it was difficult to do density gradient isolation of WBCs as well as NH4Cl without losing T cells.  To avoid this we used direct labeling of whole blood followed by BD fix/lyse solution.  It would be possible to just use fix/lyse for a quick differential .  The frequency of basophils is higher than in other species and can be identified along with monocytes by SSC/FSC.

Bill